Whether a wealth-and-estate plan involves a simple will or a series of complex business entities and trusts, we help clients manage and protect their assets through effective tax, investment and personal planning strategies. Our lawyers develop personalized estate planning solutions and carry them out the way each client intends, maximizing financial benefits while minimizing taxes and fulfilling fiduciary responsibilities.
These plans often involve the preparation of documents to affect lifetime and testamentary dispositions including:
- Management Trusts
- Trusts for Children and Grandchildren
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Grantor-Retained Annuity Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Business Associations – Limited Partnerships and Limited Liabilities
- Companies, Corporations, etc.
- Asset Protection Planning
We also take care to assist our clients in planning for incapacity with the use of powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, directives to physicians and HIPPA authorization forms. We assist those who prioritize charitable giving by establishing and assisting with the operation of private foundations, including non-profit corporations. Finally, our estate planning attorneys are prepared to help our clients with premarital agreements and often give advice regarding marital property characterization issues.
Our experience includes:
- Real estate, including easements, use restrictions, frauds and misrepresentations, constructions and the like
- Personal injury and wrongful death, including premises liabilities, amusement/resort-related claims, medical defense and other tort-based disputes
- Probate/estate/fiduciary litigation, including complaints regarding fiduciary conduct and removal, will contest, trust disputes and interpretations, guardianships and such
- Family – divorce, custody, modification and related matters
- Business/commercial, including partner and shareholder disputes, and contracts of all kinds